Would you like to live forever?

In our GRA book The Fourteen Goldfish Ellie’s grandfather has made a formula to turn him back to a teenager.
In nature the Jellyfish has the ability to make itself young again. Here is an article from CNN.com about Shin Kubota’s research in Shirahana Japan about the Scarlet Jellyfish. Click on the link below.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/world/asia/can-immortal-jellyfish-unlock-everlasting-life/index.html?sr=sharebar_twitter

This got us thinking about being immortal (which means to be able to live forever). Would you want to be able to live forever or not? What if you did but no one else around you did? What would you do with your life if you could live forever? In the comments for this post write about if you would want to be immortal and why?

Below is a video on exotic jellyfish.

5 thoughts on “Would you like to live forever?

1. No because you would get slow and you would miss your family. Yes because you would get to do lots of things in your life and you would get to go to lots of places.

2. Dear Mrs.Onyskiws’ class,
    I would not like to live forever because my mom, dad and my sister will die and I will stay alone. I will be sad because my family is really important to me. They will leave and I will get so sad.

3. Dear Mrs.Onyskiws’ Class,
    I would like to live forever because I would not die. I would not get buried and all that stuff.

4. Dear Mrs. Onyskiws class,
    I would not like to live forever because I would never see my dead dog Sydney. I would never see any of my good friends.

5. dear.Mrs. Onyskiws class,
    I am not sure if I want to live forever or not. I would like to live forever because…I could do whatever I want. I would not like to live forever because…I would never have a family again.That is why I am not sure if I want to live forever or not.